Welcome to Minter Creek!
Important Dates for the PSD Community
- 5/25 – Memorial Day, No School
- 6/10 – Community Transition Program Graduation 4:00 PM, Chapel Hill
- 6/12 – Henderson Bay High School Graduation, 7:00 PM, Boys and Girls Club
- 6/14 – Peninsula High School Graduation, 12:00 PM, Tacoma Dome
- 6/14 – Gig Harbor High School Graduation, 3:00 PM, Tacoma Dome
- 6/18 – Last Day of School for Kindergarten Students
- 6/19 – Last Day of School
Dismissal Times as follows:
- 10:45 – High Schools
- 11:30 – Middle Schools
- 12:15 – Elementary Schools
What's New with State Testing?
STATE TESTING CHANGES
New Learning Standards / New State Tests
Starting this school year, our state’s learning standards are now aligned to the Common Core State Standards in math and English language arts. New state standards mean new state tests. Washington, along with 23 other states, has a new state test aligned with the Common Core Standards. These next-generation assessments are called the Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA). They are designed to accurately measure student progress toward college-and career-readiness in English language arts and mathematics.
Highly Capable Program 2015-16 and Transition Plan
On Thursday, January 22, 2015, the district presented a proposal to the School Board for our Highly Capable 2015-16 program which includes some major revisions. The district was given permission to move forward with these revisions pending Board policy revisions in April. The district relied heavily on the recommendations from the district HiCap Guiding Team, which consists of teachers, parents, and administrators. Here is a summary of the changes for next year, 2015-16.